Thursday, December 10, 2009

Twilight-Mania!!! Oh, and Other Stuff Too

Okay, so I resisted the cult for all this time, but I've officially been sucked in. Ha, that pun was completely unintentional, but I'm keeping it! My friend J has been harassing me to read the books for months and months, and I just kept saying, "No, I don't get this whole Twilight thing." And she would say, "Just read them and you'll get it!" So the trailer for "New Moon" starts in heavy rotation and my interest gets piqued. So I borrow the first 2 books. I fly through the first one in 3 days. Put off the second one until I know that I have time to finish it in a couple days, start in on Thursday night, finish it Sunday morning. Monday, I went over to her apartment to get the other 2 books and the Twilight movie. Watched it last night. Reluctantly, I have to admit, okay, I get it. Damnit. I get it. Man, I hate it when she's right.
Oh, and we're going to go see "New Moon" on Saturday-yay!

Now back to the regularly scheduled blog post, sorry for the silly Twilight interruption. :-)
Well, I'm still knitting Christmas gifts, and someday, I might actually take pictures! It's just hard when you've worked all day, it's dark when you get home, then you have to think about dinner and laundry and cleaning. By the time I'm done, it's usually 6:30-7 and I just want to plop down in the recliner, knit or read and talk to my husband. Then there's always stuff going on on the weekends. I'll get around to it one of these days. Probably.

Oh! I wanted to mention that we got our ipods fixed! This is a big deal because a.)we love our ipods and b.)one has been broken for over a year, and the other one for about 6 months. We are super excited to get them back in working order. I found a site online: Repair Guys that you can send them your ipod for a free diagnostic (you just pay the shipping to them), they tell you what's wrong with it and how much it will cost to fix it. If you agree to the repair, they fix it, send you a PayPal invoice, and send it back to you. It was so easy! It cost like 7 bucks to ship (that was with $200 insurance), and $140 for a new LCD screen, hard drive and battery for one and a battery for the other. And they did all of the labor, and shipped it back. I sent them out and got them back in less than 2 weeks! So I HIGHLY recommend their services if you need an ipod fixed. K, that's my consumer report for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment