First off, update on my 30 (ok, 15) before 30 list:
1. Get my Mandarin fish tattoo-looking for an artist that does great color work, I need to start asking around for referrals
2. Sew myself a wearable skirt-have the fabric, have the book, just need to get sewing!
3. Sell at least 1 of my photographs-still working on how to go about doing that. I just sent some pictures to Cord Camera to be printed. Once I get them framed, I'll go to the little gift shop in town to see if she would sell them on consignment. Or submit them to stock photo sites. Still need more research on it.
4. Paint again (canvas, not walls)-again, have the materials, just need to do it!
5. Embroider a pillowcase-need a pillowcase to embroider!
6. Preserve vegetables that I’ve grown in my garden-only have a few things planted, it's still just too cold here in Ohio, this will be later this summer.
7. Go to a stitch and bitch or knitting group-haven't even looked, I know there are some here in Columbus, just need to go.
8. Volunteer-I need to call my connection for the Columbus Zoo and SECORE.
9. Run a 5K-yeah, I'm just lazy, need to start running, but I don't wanna!
10. Read at least 5 books on my bookshelves (preferably that I haven’t read before)-well, I'm still trying to get through 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on my Kindle, but it's SLOOOOW going!
11. Invest some money for retirement (auto 401K with work does not count)-opened a Traditional IRA account. Need to move money into it and change my investments on my rollover IRA so I can actually make more than $7 a year! Yes, that's all I made last year on about $1500. Depressing.
12. Yarn Diet-Knit down my stash-doing really well with this one! I haven't bought any yarn and have been knitting on my Spring is Here socks with yarn I got for my birthday. I also have plans to make some washcloths with all the cotton I have stashed.
13. Bake and frost a layer cake from scratch-nothing, but I've been doing more baking lately...
14. Sell or give away 50 things that I currently own-went through closets yesterday and have 34 items that I am donating! This total may actually increase! (of course, I don't want to jinx myself!)
15. Paint the hutch in the dining room-have kinda, sorta started to go through and purge the hutch, instead of having a junk drawer, we have a junk hutch. So, it needs to be cleaned out.
Well, doesn't look so great, but hey, I still have 5 months to go, I just need to hold myself accountable, hopefully this blog will help! I'm just a terrible procrastinator, I sometimes need a kick in the behind!
Speaking of procrastinating... what's for dinner?!